Remote Learning – First Class
Monday 11th January – Friday 29th
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed your break. Unfortunately, we can’t
go back to school just yet but I know you are going to try your best to work really hard at home until we can go back to school!
Parents, I will leave a list of suggested work for the next three weeks below. I will be giving out the books/booklets
at 11am in the school on Monday 11th January. Please adhere to the Covid19 guidelines at this pickup. The list below is a guide of work, and please do not worry if it is not all completed for any reason.
I will leave a small
booklet of optional work/ideas in their folders too. A focus on life skills will be very beneficial for First Class. I welcome the children completing projects of any kind at home that they wish to show me or tell me about when we get back to school.
I am contactable at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ for any queries, however small! Best of luck with remote learning and I look forward to seeing all of my boys and girls again in person.
- Mental maths sheets – Test 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ( two per week)
Tables booklet – One per day Mon – Thurs
- Maths sheets provided from Planet Maths – p. 166, 167, 168, 169, 174, 175, 178, 180, 181
- There are lovely Gaeilge stories being read aloud on Youtube on the ‘Cúla4’ channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCusPSXmu_J8eKbEz0duYVfQ/search?query=sc%C3%A9al+an+lae
These stories will be familiar to your child in English so they should hopefully enjoy watching them.
- Spell Well Week 14, week 15 and week 16 – all
activities (one per day as normal)
- Write answers to Read at Home Comprehension Sheets
- Alphabet word booklets (each child goes
at their own pace with this booklet, so as little or as much as they feel like each day).
- New readers
in folder – Read 2+ pages per day
- Read at home comprehension sheets
20 minutes of Reading Eggs per day
20 minutes of Maths Seeds per day
Certificates for these will be distributed when we get back to school.