Remote Learning – Junior Infants
Monday 11th January – Friday 29th January 2021
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed your break. Unfortunately,
we can’t go back to school just yet but I know you are going to try your best to work really hard at home until we can go back to school!
Parents, I will leave a list of suggested work for the next three weeks below. I will be giving
out the books/booklets at 11am in the school on Monday 11th January. Please adhere to the Covid19 guidelines at this pickup. The list below is a guide of work, and please do not worry if it is not all completed for any reason.
I will leave a small booklet of optional ideas in their folders too. Most importantly of all, Junior Infant children should focus on play! It is imperative to them to continue to play with toys and use their imaginations. I am contactable at ‘email@example.com’
for any queries, however small! Best of luck with remote learning and I look forward to seeing all of my boys and girls again in person.
- Planet Maths Worksheets (Junior infants have covered up to number 3 in school)
p. 177, 178, 179, 184, 185, 187, 192, 193, 194, 195, 200, 201, 206, 207
- Practice blending sheets already given & two new sheets sent home for all pupils
Worksheets provided on sounds covered so far
- The ‘Jolly Phonics’ app is free and an excellent way to revise sounds!
- ‘Alphablocks’ on Youtube is also fantastic (stick to the ‘Learn to read’
single letters and ‘Can you Find x?’ Play along videos.
- 10 minutes of Reading Eggs per day
- 10 minutes of Maths Seeds per day
Certificates for these will be distributed when we get back to school.